Saturday, March 23, 2013

Oh yeah.

This blog exists. I completely forgot about it until I stumbled across it a few moments ago. Perhaps I shall try writing a bit more often. For now I shall post a completely ridiculous list about the random things that I did today:

*Slept until 8:30 because I was up until after midnight trying to finish a book. A goal I did not accomplish.
*Made delicious potato soup. (Seriously, not bragging. It is delicious. It also wasn't my recipe so I think I'm allowed to say it is fantastic soup. ) I mixed The Pioneer Woman's potato soup recipe with some random tweaks here and there and it. is. SO. good. Perfect for the rotten weather today.
*Sewed an apron using material from an old men's shirt and sheet I found at Goodwill recently, both of which are paisley.
*Made banana bread muffins. (Should that just be banana muffins?) They are my best GF adaptation yet. Yay for slowly figuring out how to do gluten free...years after I (mostly) stopped eating gluten. Not cheating anymore really helps motivate learning. As does having extra time on my hands with my Lent choices. Sacrifices? Giving-ups? Hm.
*Ran several errands in-spite of the stupid, nasty, wretched, horrible, awful snow storm. I have resentment issues with storms that dump almost a foot of snow right after SPRING starts. It is just cruel. Couldn't you have held off a week or so evil storm??
*Made a fancy salad with baked goat cheese a la America's Test Kitchen.
*Finished the book I tried to finish last night, The Calling of Dan Matthews. I adore the the book that Harold Bell Wright wrote this as a sequel to, but this one didn't capture my heart in the same way. But it was still a pleasant read. Next on the list: The Gates by John Connely.
*Baked molasses cookies with lavender vanilla glaze. Technically this process is still happening since the last batch of cookies is in the oven. The first half of the cookies are too hard, but with some fiddling with the temperature and time I think the second half of the cookies will be better. Which is good since I'm going to mail some to a friend in NY per a discussion we had earlier this week.

That is all. Not a bad list. I meant to make a version of this goulash for dinner, but something about eating two banana muffins and a bunch of the chocolate chip cookie dough I made last night slowed my appetite and I ended up eating the salad for supper instead of lunch. Oops. Tomorrow will be goulash day. Afer I freeze my butt of for Palm Sunday at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment