Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pleasant moments.

Since the beginning of the year I have been writing down a pleasant moment from the day on a little piece of paper and then putting the paper in a tall glass canister I have on a chest of drawers in my room. Generally it is a very simple task and only takes a few moments before bed, most of which are deciding which particular thing I am going to write down. Sometimes I "cheat" and write down a few. Sometimes I forget for a couple of days and have a surprisingly hard time coming up with something to write on the slips of paper with older dates. So strange that the days are so pleasant can seem so bland and forgettable so quickly. As a general rule (some are completely crappy of course) I find that there is very rarely a day without at least a handful of nice things if you're looking for them, how is it that I forget the little things that make a day feel rich so quickly? The phenomenon itself is exactly why I've started writing a highlight or two down, time seems to be moving incredibly quickly of late and I don't want to have rushed through things so fast that I forget the things that give the days depth. Enjoying the richness of life isn't something to be squeezed in when random and rare free moments happen or something that can be put on a to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment