Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Big 3-0.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about my life and am attempting some reshaping here and there where I don't like what I've found. You would think that this recent change would have been inspired by the fact that this is my last year in my 20s, but I really didn't think about that until recently. I rarely think about how old I am and I generally never feel like I'm a "real" adult anyway, so how can I possibly be turning 30? Right? No? Fine, and the wrinkles that are setting up camp on my forehead agree with you. But still, I was rather flabbergasted the other day when a friend sent me a link to this blog post that has a pretty great list of  "19 Things To Stop Doing In Your 20s" and I realized that I am almost 30. For real. Whaaaaa? My friend also mentioned making a list of things she wants to do before she turns 30 and I've decided to do the same. I know that things will be limited by the fact that I have a demanding schedule with working full time and also because going to school full time has made me rather poor as a result of the tuition and book costs. But why should a little challenge like money ever gotten in the way of finding adventure? Never. Because being creative about things can be half the fun.

Here is my list:

Read through entire Bible
Read all of the books I own
Sew a dress
Get a massage
Hike Pike's Peak
Go to karaoke and actually sing
Make eggs benedict (and make it well)
Make sushi
Have a dinner party on the rooftop
Take at least one camping trip this summer
Go to a concert
Learn how to fishtail braid
Send 1 snail-mail card, letter, or package every month (or more often)
Wear every single piece of clothing (including accessories and shoes) at least once or get rid of it by birthday.
Find an interesting 'Meet-up' group and go to at least 3 events
Use flower press
Spend a weekend at Joyce & Linda's
Go to dinner and a movie by myself
Come up with and follow through on 5 Random Acts of Kindness
Donate blood
Write on blog at least once a week
Paint bedroom
Spend a day fishing in the mountains (even if no one else can go)
Make creme brulee
Go see the sand dunes
Go to the Royal Gorge
Go somewhere (Vegas?) for a girl's weekend
Try 10 new coffee shops
Find and explore all small/independent bookstores within 20 miles of home
Write a short story

I reserve the right to change or tweak things as I get more concrete ideas on certain aspects of them, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment