Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Time for a cookie

I was SO responsible today. Here is a list of accomplishments:
-Read for linguistics class and did homework questions
-Wrote linguistics paper prospectus
-Finished 2 lit papers
-Sorted out which hoops need to be jumped through for financial aid at school
-Jumped through one of the required hoops and got as far as I can in another until I get some paperwork in the mail.
-Made a Costco trip (I love Costco but I HATE going all at the same time...illogical but true.)
-Cooked a "real" dinner (no cottage cheese and random snacks here tonight!)
-Took a bath to try to calm the crazy backache/neck-ache/headache I got after being a stubborn moron and insisting on carrying everything from the Costco adventure in one trip. Lesson: just because you can fit all of it in one of those blue reusable bags from Ikea doesn't mean you should make it fit. My shoulder is still twinging and aching.
-FILED MY TAXES! And I did it without crying. There was excessive grumbling and a curse word or two, but that is still much better than last year's experience. Which was mainly tears punctuated with despair and cursing. So I'm calling this a complete win.

That is why I deserve a cookie. But since I had a banana muffin just a few minutes ago we'll call it even and I can pass out in peace now. G'night world, it was nice kicking your ass today responsibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment